SIMONA® Versarod® Weld Rod
This hybrid weld rod is designed specifically for welding SIMONA® CRP-1 to SIMONA® PVDF.
SIMONA® Versarod® is a proprietary weld rod that allows seamless fabrication in wet/dry process tool construction. Versarod® allows exhaust plenums to be thermoplastically sealed, welding SIMONA® PVDF to SIMONA® PVDF on the inside of the tool, and SIMONA® PVDF to SIMONA® CRP 1 on the outside of the pipe to cabinet weld. Versarod® also allows PVDF plumbing pass-through to be thermoplastically sealed, removing the need for secondary braces and securements.
- Welds SIMONA® CRP-1 FM 4910 to SIMONA® PVDF or SIMONA® PVDF-C
- Good weld strength and weld ductility
- Continuous use temperature nominal 60 to 65 °C
- Allows seamless tool construction and weld sealed SIMONA PVDF plumbing through SIMONA CRP-1 cabinet walls
- Proven, historical performance with tools still in service since 1999
- PVDF fittings and plumbing
- Plenums and pump box walls
- Wet and dry process tool fabrication
- Cabinets, casework, tables
- 4.0 mm (0.156 in) diameter, clear
- 4.0 mm (0.156 in) diameter, white
Hot Gas Weld Parameters
- Temp: 380 °C
- Flow: 60-65 LPM
- Speed: 0.25-0.50 in/sec
- Pressure: sufficient pressure should be applied to the tip to produce weld rod ‘wake’
- Melt viscosity is relatively low. Versarod will appear soft/limp immediately after welding
- Versarod will begin to ‘set’ after 2-3 minutes, reaching full strength after 10 minutes
- Priming the weld seam is important to achieve maximum adhesion
SIMONA AMERICA Industries manufactures the widest range of FM 4910 sheet, rod, and welding rod in the industry, featuring SIMONA® CRP-1 material as the leading material for critical applications. All of our compliant materials are designed to satisfy semiconductor process applications without compromise.
Versarod® Weld Rod Chemical Resistance Guideline
CRP-1 to PVDF chemical compatibility and service temperature.
Versarod Maximum Continuous Service Temperature
Versarod® weld rod is serviceable at 65°C, but may have higher use temperature. Depending on configuration, Versarod is limited to 72 to 75 °C use temperature of CRP-1.
- Direct continuous contact with the above chemicals was assessed at ambient temperature
- Direct continuous contact was not tested at elevated temperatures or at the maximum recommended use temperature. The above service temperatures are based upon knowledge of historical applications.
- Because end use varies, SIMONA AMERICA Industries recommends verification and suitability of individual applications.
Versarod® weld rod is not recommended for prolonged continuous contact with strong oxidizing acids, including:
- 99% sulfuric acid (H2SO4)
- 70% nitric acid (HNO3)
- However, Versarod weld rod performs well in intermittent contact with these acids
Versarod weld rod appears to have good resistance to:
- 38% hydrochloric acid (HCl)
- 49% hydrofluoric acid (HF)
- 85% phosphoric acid (H3PO4)
- 30% ammonium hydroxide (NH4OH)
- 45% potassium hydroxide (KOH)
- 30% hydrogen peroxide (H202)
- 5:1:1 SC1 and SC2