Versarod® Weld Rod
This hybrid weld rod is designed specifically for welding CRP-1 to PVDF.
Versarod is a proprietary weld rod that allows seamless fabrication in wet/dry process tool construction. Versarod allows exhaust plenums to be thermoplastically sealed, welding PVDF to PVDF on the inside of the tool, and PVDF to CRP 1 on the outside of the pipe to cabinet weld. Versarod also allows PVDF plumbing pass-through to be thermoplastically sealed, removing the need for secondary braces and securements.
- Welds CRP-1 to PVDF PVDF-C
- Good weld strength and weld ductility
- Continuous use temperature nominal 60 to 65 °C
- Allows seamless tool construction and weld sealed PVDF plumbing through CRP-1 cabinet walls
- Proven, historical performance with tools still in service since 1999
- PVDF fittings and plumbing
- Plenums and pump box walls
- Wet and dry process tool fabrication
- Cabinets, casework, tables
- 4.0 mm (0.156 in) diameter, clear
- 4.0 mm (0.156 in) diameter, white
Hot Gas Weld Parameters
- Temp: 380 °C
- Flow: 60-65 LPM
- Speed: 0.25-0.50 in/sec
- Pressure: sufficient pressure should be applied to the tip to produce weld rod ‘wake’
- Melt viscosity is relatively low. Versarod will appear soft/limp immediately after welding
- Versarod will begin to ‘set’ after 2-3 minutes, reaching full strength after 10 minutes
- Priming the weld seam is important to achieve maximum adhesion
SIMONA AMERICA Industries manufactures the widest range of FM 4910 sheet, rod, and welding rod in the industry, featuring the CRP-1 material as the leading material for critical applications. All of our compliant materials are designed to satisfy semiconductor process applications without compromise.
Versarod Weld Rod Chemical Resistance Guideline
CRP-1 to PVDF chemical compatibility and service temperature.
Versarod Maximum Continuous Service Temperature
Versarod weld rod is serviceable at 65°C, but may have higher use temperature. Depending on configuration, Versarod is limited to 72 to 75 °C use temperature of CRP-1.
- Direct continuous contact with the above chemicals was assessed at ambient temperature
- Direct continuous contact was not tested at elevated temperatures or at the maximum recommended use temperature. The above service temperatures are based upon knowledge of historical applications.
- Because end use varies, SIMONA AMERICA Industries recommends verification and suitability of individual applications.
Versarod weld rod is not recommended for prolonged continuous contact with strong oxidizing acids, including:
- 99% sulfuric acid (H2SO4)
- 70% nitric acid (HNO3)
- However, Versarod weld rod performs well in intermittent contact with these acids
Versarod weld rod appears to have good resistance to:
- 38% hydrochloric acid (HCl)
- 49% hydrofluoric acid (HF)
- 85% phosphoric acid (H3PO4)
- 30% ammonium hydroxide (NH4OH)
- 45% potassium hydroxide (KOH)
- 30% hydrogen peroxide (H202)
- 5:1:1 SC1 and SC2