Looking for a career with SIMONA AMERICA? Check out our current openings below and send us an application. We look forward to hearing from you!
Customer Service/Inside Sales Representative
- To focus on creating and maintaining superior customer service, both externally and internally by processing orders for SIMONA products received from customers via scan, telephone, fax, E-mail or from company employee by performing the following duties.
- Processes incoming orders to customer order specifications, relays changes and addresses concerns until customer satisfaction is fully achieved.
- Interfaces with company branches and outside sales by providing customer-order quotes, ship dates and order status information.
- Uses product knowledge to inform customer of unit prices, shipping dates, anticipated delays, and any additional information needed by customer.
- Advises customer if the order is close to the current dollar discount and inquires if they would like to take advantage of the discount by adding on to the order.
- Maintains daily “open order” report to monitor sales status and provide feedback to sales and management.
- Expedites order by monitoring both current and inbound inventory levels for application against existing orders.
- Writes or types order form, or enters data into computer, to determine total cost for customer.
- Occasionally meet with customers from both USA and/or other countries to ensure customer satisfaction and product service.
- Prints shipment documents and forwards to the Customer Service Manager for review.
- Follows up on orders to ensure delivery by specified dates.
- Computes price, discount, sales representative's commission, and shipping charges as required.
- Prepares invoices and shipping documents such as export papers, commercial invoices.
- Checks shipping orders to ensure they are accurate with regards to quantity shipped; this is done by comparing shipping documents with computer generated reports.
- Specifies if special labeling is required for shipment and in some instances supplies to the shipping department.
- Receives and checks customer complaints.
- Confers with production, shipping, warehouse, or common carrier personnel to expedite or trace missing or delayed shipments.
- Compiles statistics and prepares various reports for management.
- Answers questions from customers or individuals on how a product operates or directs them to the person that is able to assist them.
- Makes sure that quotes are processed through the quoting process in a timely manner.
- Types quotes and maintains files for all quotes that are processed.
- Maintains customer name and address data base.
- Responsible for sending new pricing, with the correct multiplier, to all customers.
- Create no charge shippers for customer replacements.
- Records or files copy of orders received.
- At a minimum, a High School diploma plus some advanced education/training or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must possess extensive experience (at least 3-5 years) in customer service/inside sales.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Must be friendly, clear speaking and have the ability to work with patience and courtesy in customer relations.
- Must have computer efficiency including Microsoft Excel, Excel, Access, Outlook, SAP
- Must be familiar with all product lines and customer base.
- Must be familiar with the data works system and be able to input and retrieve data.
- Must have strong communication abilities and be able to interface and work with supervisors, managers and all departments including sales, operations, logistics and finance.
This individual will ensure our products are consistently delivered up to standards. The quality manager must be organized, detail-oriented, and have a strong background in management and quality assessment.
- Ensure all products consistently meet and pass set quality standards
- Implement Root Cause Analysis for customer complaints
- Create and implement changes to improve current processes and reduce costs
- Train production line staff in proper production practices and basic quality assessment
- Eliminate products not up to standard and seek root cause of the problem
- Track, record, and maintain quality assurance data
- Present progress reports to upper management
- Collaborate with management and line production staff to achieve most efficient and accurate quality assessments
- Make safety a priority at all times for you and your production staff
- Examine raw materials to confirm correct specifications and established standards
- Research and gather client and customer feedback for ways to improve products
- Communicate with suppliers and vendors
- Perform frequent inspections and audits of work processes (including safety)
- Manage and supervise workers in quality assessment tasks
- Analyze current quality assessment techniques for inconsistencies and redundancy
- Follow products through entirety of process to ensure each step is completed correctly
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Certified Quality Inspector preferred
- 3+ years’ experience in manufacturing and quality assurance
- Understanding of ISO 9000, 140001 etc. implementation
- Experience with lean manufacturing principles (Six Sigma)
- Ability to use statistical techniques for process improvement
- Proficiency using Microsoft Suite (Excel, Access)
- Extensive management experience
- Excellent communicator both verbally and written
- Highly detail-oriented
- Performance Management
- Technical Capacity
- Organizational Skills
- Teamwork Orientation
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Communication Proficiency
- Microsoft Office
- Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be expected
Required Education and Experience:
- B.S. degree in mechanical or manufacturing engineering
- Minimum of 7 years of related experience
- Supervisory/management experience
SIMONA AMERICA Industries
Supports extrusion operation of thermoplastic Polypropylene, PVC, Polyethylene & Co-Polymer sheets by performing the following duties.