COVID-19 Prevention and Impact on SIMONA AMERICA Industries
The health and safety of our customers and employees is our first priority. We are actively following the prevention guidelines recommended by the CDC and WHO in each of our facilities, including:
- Avoid physical contact, i.e. no hand-shaking, hugging and try to stay 3 – 6 feet apart from each other, if possible
- Cover your mouth and nose with your bent elbow or tissue when you cough or sneeze and dispose of the used tissue immediately. Remember if you use your bent elbow, your clothes are then potentially contaminated and should be removed and cleaned as soon as possible
- Regularly and thoroughly clean your hands by washing them with soap and water for at least 10 - 20 seconds or with an at least 60% alcohol-based hand rub
- If you feel unwell, even with mild symptoms, stay home, especially with a cough, fever or body aches
In addition, we have immediately implemented a temporary travel and customer visit policy for our field sales and marketing employees:
- No non-essential air travel
- No attendance at large group gatherings (trade shows, conferences, etc.) Anyone who attends such a gathering on behalf of the company should not visit a SIMONA factory for 14 days without prior approval
- No group visits to SIMONA factories
- Limited truck driver time inside of our factories and limited exposure to truck drivers and other visitors to the factories
We are dedicated to keeping up the same level of customer service and product quality during this crisis. At this time, we do not anticipate any interruption in our supply of raw materials. However, we are also actively reviewing our stock levels at the moment to keep up with supply and to be prepared.
As an international company, we have an established list of resources for telecommunications, web conferencing and digital customer service.
The situation changes daily, so we will continue to update you as time goes on. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to reach out to us.